Wednesday 24 August 2011

Ogawa Saki's.....graduation!?

Translated by Tokyo hive, source from Hello! Online:

Tsunku's comment.
“Thank you for always supporting Hello! Project and myself.

This is sudden, but I have an announcement for everyone.
Just the other day, I announced five new sub-members for S/mileage,
However, as of August 27th, Ogawa Saki will be graduating from both S/mileage and Hello! Project.

In the beginning of May this year, she informed me,
“I’ve been hesitant for some time, and I’ve discussed it with the staff a few times, but my feelings of wanting to return to a normal junior high student has strengthened, so please let me quit.”

Although she is the youngest of the group, I have relied on her singing skills.

However, right now is the time to be looking towards the future.
As a group, and as an individual member, we need to have a strong desire for improvement.
And as a producer, I decided that holding back a member who is hesitant, and continuing the group with her would not be good for both the member and the group. So I chose to accept Ogawa’s request.

When the group was first formed, I made a public announcement that the unit may increase or decrease in members.
Because there was this case, I hastily announced in June that we would be recruiting new members for S/mileage.
Please forgive me that I wasn’t able to report the details and intentions until now, as there were many terms and conditions concerning the group and the contract.

Again, Ogawa is still an inexperienced student and a minor.
For a working adult, it would be unacceptable to give up their job halfway.
But please take her straightforward feelings into careful consideration, and watch over her warmly.

With that, please continue your favors towards S/mileage.

Please excuse me for reporting through this letter on my own accord.“


Ogawa Saki's comment.
“Thank you for always supporting me.

I, Ogawa Saki will graduate from Hello! Project and S/mileage on August 27th.

After making our major debut last May, I have enjoyed every day as [a part of] S/mileage.
But somewhere in my heart, the real me and my S/mileage self become distant.
I discussed it with the staff a few times, but I was always troubled. I thought that it would be bad for S/mileage if I was hesitant while everyone else was working with all their might, so I decided to return to being a normal girl.

I’m sorry for the last minute announcement.
I do feel sad, but S/mileage’s trademark is to always smile!

I will do my best to finish with a smile until the end of the event on August 27th. The remaining time is short, but please support me!

After I graduate, I want to continue supporting S/mileage with its new members.

Thank you for all of your support until now.“



----------------------------------------------------------

Is this serious!?? I was in complete awe with my mouth hanging for a good five minutes.
I'm not the biggest fan of S/mileage or even Saki for this matter but...I feel pretty sad!
I suppose if this is really what she wants then good luck to her and I wish her well.

...So I suppose Tsunku hasn't gone completely senile as I keep claiming haha..
In a way, you can see that maybe the current S/mileage members were always looking sad or reluctant about getting new members because they knew that Saki was going to leave and everything in S/mileage would change. 

This feels like a big blow to them for some reason but we have to look at the positive side to these new changes right?
Changes can be for improvement so please continue to support S/mileage everyone eh?

-RisuTEN


I heard this news this morning, when I was half awake
and as soon as I read it properly I was fully awake!
all I kept thinking was 
WHAAAATTTT?


honestly if they didn't say, Saki wanted to quit herself
then I would fully believe it's Tsunku's doing


it sounds so strange!
is she even going to get a graduation?
why are they mentioning this 3 days before the graduation?
I think that's extremely unfair to fans, Uchouten Love was her last single!


I have to say I'm pretty sad with this news
I wasn't a total fan of her voice, but I could tell there was a lot of potential
and, it sounds like she's been training for more than half her life for this
and she just quits?!
and it wasn't like she got shoved to the back like Maiha
I don't understand her decision
tbh, I think she might regret it
but of course this is her decision and I respect it
and she did start extremely young


S/mileage is going through a looot of dramatic changes
I feel bad for the fans
as well as the other members, who are now like swamped with new members


I wonder if she'll come back later, in another agency
but if it really was for education then it seems unlikely
but as I said before
it's too late notice, can't believe S/mileage is already having a grad ><
UsaTEN

3 comments:

  1. This is unreal! I can't believe a other Hello Project memeber is leaving. I am kinda worried for Hello Project. I hope sales don't start to drop for S/mileage and Momusu( with Ai gradution as well) So sad

    ReplyDelete
  2. UsaTEN
    yeah, Ai was bad enough, but at least she's spent a goood amount of time in H!P, and look at all the graduation stuff she gets!
    Saki gets none =/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sakichy Smile Campaign! Give her a warm send off with a smile, just like how S/mileage has been giving us theirs all this time. Send in a 150x200 photo of your smiling face to sugoiidolkiss@yahoo.com by Saturday! Please continue to support Saki and S/mileage. More information can be found here: http://sugoiidolkiss.blogspot.com/2011/08/sakichy-smile-campaign.html

    ReplyDelete