Thursday 14 April 2011

Hair raising HTML

well, I dunno if you've noticed
but I've fixed the problem of the cut off videos....but got a new problem xD;;

I took advice and tried to edit the HTML, first I tried to make the middle column bigger, but I don't think there's much difference.
then I changed the overflow from hidden to show (I took a lucky guess, didn't think it would actually work xD) and now, it's overflowed, into the next column xD;;;

I'll try still to edit the HTML, but just wondering, if you prefer the video overflowing like now, or cut off?
I'll change it back if people prefer cut off
Please leave a comment saying, Overflow or Cut off

Thanks~
example
(I just took the first video I saw on my homepage xD, and I was dubbing this song earlier, hence the mv xD)
UsaTEN

7 comments:

  1. Is there a way to put the video behind a "Continue reading" button to see the full blog post?
    if not, I guess the overflow works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you use google chrome browser, wherever you point the cursor on your page and then right click, then click "Inspect element", it will show you the html and dimensions for what area the cursor is pointing at. This might help you troubleshoot stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Usaa
    I'm afraid neither I or Risu has google chrome browser, but maybe I'll find someone who has to have a look for me^^

    and I'll look into your idea enfo~
    thanks guys

    ReplyDelete
  4. Overflow! this makes me want to learn html so I could actually provide some help ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. google chrome browser is free :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey can you sub this??

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IW-9VyaFJQ

    seems pretty funny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok,
    in the video part of the html, there should be something which says height="_ _ _" and whatever the number is. What you want to do is to change that, to something like 385 (thats what i use)

    and then where it says width="_ _ _" and whatever number is, you need to change that as well. try changing that to something like 480

    If theres 2 heights instead of a height and width, just make sure they are both the same and it should work :)

    SO try: height="385"
    width="480"

    Hope that works :D

    ReplyDelete